A water softener works by forcing hard water into a tank of millions of tiny beads of special resin.
As the hard water passes over the beads a process known as ion exchange occurs and this causes the water to become soft. After a while (how long depends on the hardness of your water and the number of people in the house) the resin becomes exhausted and has to be regenerated.
This is achieved by flushing the resin with salt water, a process known as regeneration. The salt water solution is washed away to drain and does not enter the household water supply.
This approach is common to all water softeners but it’s how each manufacturer goes about it that separates the best from merely average.
The benefits you will notice after installing a Genus water softener:
- Up to 50% reduction in the use of shampoos, soaps, conditioners & cleaning products.
- Zero scale build up on shower cubicles and shower heads.
Cleaner baths, basins and taps etc…
- Your glassware will sparkle & plates will shine.
- Experience the softer feeling of your clothes & towels.
- Descales existing plumbing systems.
- Luxurious soap lather and double the amount of bubble bath suds.
- Cleaning time around the home will be dramatically reduced.